Friday, April 03, 2020

Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel Scout









PBA: League governors await gov’t signal when to resume

By Tito S. Talao

Three weeks after PBA commissioner Willie Marcial suspended the first conference Philippine Cup after only one game due to COVID-19 with no timetable for resumption, league governors are inclined to change nothing.

Initially, with the enhanced community quarantine implemented over Luzon on March 17 about to end in less than two weeks — unless an extension, even an expansion, is deemed inevitable, preliminary movement was anticipated from dormant PBA ballclubs.

As of Friday, however, such may not be the case.

“If ever the conference will resume, we will be given two weeks notice,” says PBA vice chairman Bobby Rosales of Columbian Dyip. “That’s the only time our team will resume practice. That’s the agreement as issued by the Commissioner’s Office.”

Rosales says no board meeting has been scheduled so far, meaning everything remains on hold.

“Meanwhile, everyone’s staying home. Some players in their own little way provide assistance during the lockdown and do their own physical conditioning.”

Atty. Mert Mondragon of the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters says the PBA will be taking its cue from the government.

“Pag na-lift yung lockdown, saka pag-uusapan sa PBA board kung ano ang gagawin,” says Mondragon.

Until then, says Erick Arejola of the NorthPort Batang Pier, health continues to be the principal focus.

“Safety of the whole PBA family is our immediate concern although we discuss and update each other online,” says Arejola.

“We are regularly monitoring the condition of our players, making sure they stay fit and healthy. What course of action we’ll take next will be based on Commissioner Marcial’s recommendation.”

The enforced social distancing scheme to help stop the spread of the coronavirus has made it impossible for the PBA governors to meet, prompting the Meralco Bolts’ Al Panlilio to advance the use of recent web-based video conferencing tools.

“Right now work from home is in place. We will review things weekly. Meetings are done through virtual means — MS Teams or Zoom,” says Panlilio, also president of the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas.

Dickie Bachmann of the Alaska Aces says staying home offers one of the best protections against the disease — and one of best ways to stay in shape.

“For now, sa bahay pa rin.. #homeworkoutchallenge for the team the past two weeks and we will continue to do it,” says Bachmann, who, along with Aces coach Jeffrey Cariaso, has devised a creative way to ensure their players’ fitness, even inviting Alaska fans to participate in the online workout challenge.

Monitoring the current situation, says Alfrancis Chua of Barangay Ginebra San Miguel, should give the PBA an idea how to proceed.

“Pag ako ang tatanungin, play by ear muna,” he says. “Hindi natin alam kung ano mangyayari pag magulo pa. Sa ‘kin lang, huwag muna maglaro. Para sa mga fans din, sa mga players at sa pamilya nila.”

Atty. Raymond Zorrilla of Phoenix Super LPG and Blackwater Elite’s Silliman Sy share the views of his PBA colleagues.

“We’re on standby,” declares Silliman.

Zorrilla, meanwhile, isn’t leaving anything to chance.

“As of now we will follow the government as to the measures imposed during the enhanced community quarantine,” he says. “If lockdown is lifted, we will still assess the situation and wait for the advice of the PBA.”

Zorrilla maintains their “primary consideration will always be the health of our players, staff, coaches and their families and the community in general.”

Phoenix players, he adds, “are in constant communication with our coaches for proper monitoring and physical exercises while in the comforts of their homes.

“Likewise, they have their own efforts in helping the community by providing relief packages and pooling donations for relief efforts.”

https://sports.mb.com.ph/2020/04/03/pba-league-governors-await-govt-signal-when-to-resume/

Olympic chiefs bracing for extra costs in rescheduling Tokyo Games

By Agence France-Presse

Olympic chiefs said Thursday they were bracing themselves for the extra costs incurred by rescheduling the Tokyo Games by a year to 2021.

The historic decision to postpone the summer Olympics by 12 months was taken this week amid the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. It was the first peacetime postponement of the Games.

According to the latest budget, the Games were due to cost $12.6 billion, shared between the organizing committee, the government of Japan and Tokyo city.

The postponement affects every aspect of the organisation — the Olympic Athletes’ Village, hotels, ticketing, venues and transport, being among the major headaches.

“What is being recognized is that there will be additional costs on one side for the Tokyo organizing committee and there will be additional costs for the IOC and Olympic family,” Christophe Dubi, the Olympic Games executive director, said in a conference call.

“We are looking into those with great detail. It is tens of thousands of lines of budget that need to be reviewed.”

The Tokyo organizing committee, Dubi said, “had a fantastic campaign in terms of marketing, ticketing, hospitality”.

“Tokyo 2020 was in a great financial position prior to the crisis.

“It is truly helpful because the revenues are incredibly high. That’s something we can rely on.”

Dubi said it was “reassuring” that the IOC and Japanese officials had a set date for the rescheduled Games in 2021.

“It’s very good because we have a date. For us, it means we have some certainty,” he said.

Turning to questions over athletes’ participation, IOC sports director Kit McConnell said nothing had been decided on those footballers currently under 23 years of age and eligible for an Olympics in 2020, but who would be a year older next year, with each team only allowed three over-23 players.

“We’re in discussions with federations, including FIFA,” McConnell said.

“There’s no decision yet, but it’s logical to look at that.”

McConnell added that all athletes who had already qualified for Tokyo 2020 would be eligible for 2021, although they are not necessarily guaranteed a spot as their presence depends on them making the cut for their national teams.

“The NOC (National Olympic Committee) retains the right to select athletes,” he said, with 57 per cent of the 11,300 athletes having already qualified.

McConnell said that the marathons and race walking events would take place in the northern city of Sapporo in 2021, as they would have done in 2020.

“The competition schedule remains in place and that includes Sapporo,” he said.

https://sports.mb.com.ph/2020/04/03/olympic-chiefs-bracing-for-extra-costs-in-rescheduling-tokyo-games/

Thursday, April 02, 2020

Catriona Gray raises P1 million for families in Smokey Mountain amid COVID-19

Catriona Gray has helped raise $20,000 (about P1 million) to provide rice to the families in Smokey Mountain in Manila that have been affected by the enhanced community quarantine.

The Miss Universe 2018 winner gave an update on the initiative and thanked those who helped on her Instagram page yesterday, April 1.

Using the amount collected, Gray, along with Young Focus PH and other local nongovernment organizations, has distributed 15-kilogram bags of rice to 790 families in the depressed community. They are also set to hand out more bags to 1,000 more families tomorrow, April 3.


View this post on Instagram

I cant keep the smile from my face 😁, THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who joined in donating towards helping feed the families of Smokey Mountain, Manila! 💙💙💙 Together we've raised $20,000 😱😍👏👏👏. Currently we've distributed to 790 families and are in the process, in partnership with @youngfocusph staff and other local NGOs, of feeding another 1000 families this coming Friday! Because of your generosity almost 2,000 Filipino families will not go hungry and be able to stay home to protect their families health as well as their own! 🙏🇵🇭 But we dont need to stop there! Let's continue to reach more families in this time of need. One 15kg bag of rice costs only $11US or Php550. Any little bit of kindness is very much appreciated! All bank and donation info can be found on www.youngfocus.org/rice (Link in BIO) 💛💛💛 Thank you SO much! 🤗🇵🇭🙏 #WereInThisTogether
A post shared by Catriona Gray (@catriona_gray) on
“Because of your generosity almost 2,000 Filipino families will not go hungry and be able to stay home to protect their families health as well as their own!” she said.

The beauty queen does not plan on ending her initiative soon, and urged her followers to continue donating to the effort. She noted that one 15-kilogram bag of rice costs $11 (P550). Those interested in helping may course their monetary donations through this page.

Along with Gray, other celebrities such as Angel Locsin, Anne Curtis and Enchong Dee have also extended their help to those affected by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.  /ra

https://entertainment.inquirer.net/370282/catriona-gray-raises-p1-million-for-families-in-smokey-mountain-amid-covid-19

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Enchong Dee for speedo FASTSKIN FS-PRO


speedo Aqua-V Cap (Black)
Speedo Speedsocket Mirror Goggles Black 8-705893515
2009 Adidas De La Salle Hoodie (White)
























2011 Nike De La Salle Tee (Green)
speedo FASTSKIN FS-PRO Men's Legskin (8-008083218)



Monday, March 30, 2020

Johansen Aguilar for adidas

Johansen Aguilar
He wears 2009 Adidas DLSU Hoodie (white-green) and pant (green) and 2011 Nike exclusive De La Salle Dri-Fit tee (green) that bundled with speedo Aqua V Silicone Swimming Cap - Black (8-087750001), speedsocket Unisex Goggle - Black (8-705895555) and FASTSKIN FS-PRO Men's Bodysuit - Black (8-008053218).

2009 Adidas DLSU Hoodie (white-green)


2011 Nike exclusive De La Sall Dri-Fit tee (green)








Friday, March 27, 2020

UAAP, NCAA classics highlight ABS-CBN Sports programming during lockdown

Sports fans will have access to classic collegiate games and exciting fights as part of ABS-CBN Sports’ special programming schedule during the enhanced community quarantine.

In a press release, ABS-CBN Sports said it is bringing back the best games of both the UAAP and NCAA from the previous seasons via S+A Encore from Monday to Sunday at various timeslots.

UAAP Classics will feature basketball and volleyball games while NCAA Throwbacks will feature the grittier hoops play of the league.

Fight fans will also have their treat with fight cards ONE Championship’s 2019 calendar getting its time slot every Thursday and Friday at 9 pm.

There will also be a marathon of ONE Warrior Series Season 3 on Sunday (March 29) and ONE Warrior Series Season 4 on April 5 starting at 6 pm.

Motorsports enthusiasts will have their adrenaline fix with ANC’s Rev, Mobil 1 The Grid, and Formula E Street Racers airing daily at 1 pm and 6:30 pm.

ABS-CBN Integrated Sports head Dino Laurena said the change in S+A’s programming is the company’s commitment to delivering entertainment and positivity in these trying times.

https://sports.inquirer.net/390527/uaap-ncaa-classics-highlight-abs-cbn-sports-programming-during-lockdown

ABS-CBN Sports maglulunsad ng special programming sa S+A ngayong Abril

May handog na sports, balita, at bagong workout show

Ibang S+A ang matutunghayan ng mga Pilipino sa darating na Abril sa paghahatid ng ABS-CBN Sports ng mga klasik na laro, nagbabagang balita, at bagong celebrity workout show para sa bawat Pilipino habang nasa quarantine dulot ng banta ng COVID-19.

Upang tulungan ang mga Pinoy na manatiling masigla habang nakapirmi sa bahay, may handog na dance/fitness workout program ang S+A tampok ang mga batikang trainer na si Coaches Jim at Toni Saret, kasama ang mga Star Hunt artist at Kapamilya stars. Mapapanood ito araw-araw simula Miyerkules (Abril 1) ng 7:30 am at may replay ng 3:30 pm. Ieere rin ito tuwing Sabado at Linggo ng 8:30 am.

Magbabalik din ang mga klasik na laro mula sa mga nagdaang season ng UAAP at NCAA sa “S+A Encore” para magbigay inspirasyon at magpasaya ng mga tao. Abangan ang pagpapakitang gilas ng mga atleta ng UAAP basketball at volleyball sa “UAAP Classics,” at ang pagpapamalas ng talento at puso ng NCAA basketball players sa “NCAA Throwbacks” araw-araw. Patuloy naman ang papapalabas ng mga magagandang laro sa MPBL Lakan Season tuwing Lunes hanggang Miyerkules at Sabado ng 10 pm.

Handog din ng S+A sa MMA fans ang maaaksyong bakbakan sa ONE Championship noong 2019 tuwing Huwebes at Biyernes ng 9 pm. Ipapalabas din ng diretso ang ONE Warrior Series Season 3 sa Linggo (Marso 29) at Season 4 naman sa Abril 5 ng 6 pm. Hatid naman sa mahihilig sa kotse at karera ang “Rev” ng ANC , “Mobil 1 The Grid,” at “Formula E Racers” na mapapanood araw-araw sa ganap na 1:30 pm at 6:30 pm.

Layunin din ng ABS-CBN Sports na bigyang kaalaman ang mga Pilipino sa mga aksyon ng gobyerno at lagay ng bansa kaugny sa COVID-19 sa pag-ere ng DZMM TeleRadyo sa S+A ng 8 am simula Miyerkules (Abril 1). Mabibigyan din ng pagkakataong magayuno at magdasal ang bawat pamilya sa Kapamilya Daily Masses tuwing Lunes hanggang Sabado ng 10 am, at 11 am kada Linggo.

Ayon kay ABS-CBN Integrated Sports head na si Dino Laurena, ang espesyal na programming ng S+A ay bahagi ng layunin ng ABS-CBN Sports na maghatid saya at inspirasyon sa bawat Pilipino lalo na sa kinahaharap na pagsubok ng bansa ngayon.

Para sa balita sa UAAP, NCAA, ONE Championship, MPBL at iba pa, sundan ang @ABSCBNSports sa Facebook, Twitter at Instagram o bumisita sa sports.abs-cbn.com. Para sa updates, sundan ang @ABSCBNPR sa Facebook, Twitter, at Instagram o bumisita sa www.abs-cbn.com/newsroom.

https://www.abs-cbn.com/newsroom/news-releases/2020/3/27/abs-cbn-sports-launches-special-programming

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Famed UST coach Aric del Rosario passes away

Aric Del Rosario, the architect of the University of Santo Tomas' dominance in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) men's basketball tournament during the '90s, passed away at the age of 80.

The Del Rosario family has yet to release a statement as of posting regarding its patriarch's death, although multiple media reports said that he succumbed to a heart attack.

With Del Rosario, who played and even won a championship for the then Glowing Goldies in 1964, at the helm, the Growling Tigers won four straight UAAP titles from 1993, the year they swept the entire season, to 1996.

Two years later, he would win his one and only professional basketball title as head coach, the 1998 Metropolitan Basketball Association championship for the Pampanga Dragons.

He also had stints as a member of Alaska and Talk ‘N Text's coaching staff.

He was actually part of the Aces' team that completed the grand slam of the 1996 Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) season.

After serving three years as the commissioner of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Del Rosario made a return to head coaching in 2012, steering Perpetual Help to three Final Four appearances in the said league while molding a young Scottie Thompson into the PBA star that he has become.

Del Rosario last coached for the Parañaque Patriots in the inaugural Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League season in 2018, leading them to the national semifinals despite being only the seventh seeds in the playoffs.

They even took Game 1 of that semifinal series against the Muntinlupa Cagers, but the Cagers took the next two games to clinch a spot in the national finals.

Del Rosario also served as the commissioner for the FilOil Flying V Preseason Premier Cup, the highly-anticipated summer league for the collegiate squads before they plunge into action in their mother leagues.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1097951